Come see the Kansas City Ferret Hotline at the Great KC Pet Expo! We will have handmade goodies for your pets for a small donation. You can meet ferrets ready for adoption, talk with volunteers about your ferret, and bring your favorite fuzzy to meet us! Information on ferrets will be available. Rumors are already circulating that the Famous Flowerpot is going for 1st place in the costume contest this year after her silver medal performance in 2012. See you then!
We will have handmade jewelry for donations at the Expo! Come ready to buy to support your favorite ferret charity! 100% of the money will go to the ferrets. All materials were donated by volunteers, and all the work was done by our volunteers. These will make great gifts. Thanks for your support!
Update!! We raised over $100 to help the ferrets in our care. Thanks for all the volunteers and donations!
Pet Photos with the Easter Bunny!
$5 each, we print them while you shop
100% of the money goes to the KC Ferret Hotline
See the Calendar for more details.
by Gina Coffey and Maria Robison
Pictured: Seze the Ferret from February storm in Kansas City, Owner Maria Robison
1. A healthy ferret can enjoy the snow and cool weather for up to 30 minutes.
2. Make sure your ferret is on a leash, a tunneling ferret can get away fast.
3. Consider if your ferret likes being outside. Some do not like snow.
4. Signs your ferret needs to go inside and warm up are shivering, no longer playing, pawing at the door, standing on hind legs, or climbing your pant legs.
5. Keep your ferret away from snow melting chemicals.
6. Keep your ferret away from auto liquids on the ground.
7. Consider the wind chill, it may shorten your play time. Some ferrets will play and be ready to go back inside in as little as 5 minutes.
8. Keep your ferret safe from other animals and avoid areas where dogs have done their business.
9. Keep your ferret away from people sledding.
10. Have a warm blanket ready to wrap your ferret in just in case, and make sure you dry them off inside when playtime is over.
A big thank you to Ferret Fabulous Finds Auction House on Facebook for donating 10% of sales for a week's auctions to our organization. 100% of this money will be used for the care of ferrets looking for a home, or foster ferrets in our care. We will update you on the amount raised as soon as we know!
UPDATE! We raised $219 from the auction! Thanks to everyone who donated and bid on items.